Gutenberg-compatible optimization tools make your WordPress site more responsive, which increases the overall traffic. Gutenberg is a powerful block-based content editor for WordPress. But to truly harness its potential, you need the right Gutenberg-compatible optimization tools.
Site optimization improves user experience by reducing page load times. According to Unbounce, 70% of buyers say page load speed affects their buying decisions.
Optimization also improves search engine rankings, increasing organic search traffic, reduces server load, and conserves bandwidth.
WordPress powers over 40% of all websites, and Gutenberg is the default content editor, making it crucial to ensure compatibility with these optimization tools.
This guide explores 10 optimization tools compatible with Gutenberg to empower site owners to fine-tune their design and content for enhanced user experience and page load times.
Gutenberg-Compatible Optimization Tools for Images
Images increase your page load times. While visuals are crucial in user engagement, they can frustrate your site visitors when they take too long to load.
Gutenberg-compatible optimization tools for images compress and resize visuals without compromising quality. This reduces page load times, improving user satisfaction. It also boosts SEO rankings and lowers bounce rates.
These plugins also optimize images for various screen sizes like desktops and mobile devices.
ShortPixel is an image compression plugin that optimizes your existing images and PDF documents.
It supports more file types, including JPG, still and animated GIFs, and PNG formats. You can also convert them to next-generation WebP and AVIF images.
ShortPixel compresses images to the smallest size possible without losing quality. There’s no file size limit; you can bulk-optimize all the existing images with one click. If you want to test the tool, your original images are saved in a local backup that you can easily restore.
Optimize different types of images, from thumbnails to logos, retina images, and featured images. Both lossy and lossless compression are available, including glossy JPEG compression specially designed for photographers.
ShortPixel is compatible with eCommerce and WordPress Multisite. It is lightweight, stable, and easy to use.
Optimole uses a cloud-based system to optimize your images in real-time. The result is high-quality images and improved site speed.
The process is fully automated—just set it up and forget. It optimizes all types of images, including WebP, retina, and AVIF formats.
It provides lossy and lossless optimization. All images are tailor-optimized based on the site visitor’s device. One significant feature is its ability to detect a site’s hero image and logo and prioritize their loading without affecting performance.
This plugin is fully compatible with page builders like Beaver Builder, Elementor, and Gutenberg block editor. Optimole’s pricing is based on the number of site visits. The tool offers optimization for up to 5,000 monthly visits.
Smush offers bulk optimization, compression, and resizing of unlimited images. It automatically optimizes your images—JPEG, PNG, and GIF—free for up to 5 MB in size.
The free version offers lossless compression only, which strips unused data without affecting the quality. The premium version provides lossy compression with 2x more image reduction. The pro version has 5x more compression than regular.
In addition to compressing images, Smush has built-in lazy-load, even in the free version. It also serves images via CDN. The pro version allows you to convert and automatically serve images in WebP format.
Optimization continues running in the background, even when you close the plugin. It also offers incorrect image detection, image resizing, global and individual multisite compatibility, and the ability to compress images in any directory.
Smush Pro comes with access to all other Pro plugins for site performance, SEO, security, site builder, marketing tools, and more.
Gutenberg-Compatible Optimization Tools for Site Speed
Fast-loading pages improve user experience. Page speed is also a Google ranking factor. When you optimize it, you can expect better rankings, more traffic, conversion rates, and, ultimately, sales revenue.
WP Rocket is one of the most popular site speed optimization plugins. It is suitable for all WordPress—eCommerce, blogging, and freelancing—sites and offers several features that reduce site loading time.
- Page caching: It creates static HTML files to cache your pages, making them readily available to site visitors.
- Browser caching: Stores frequently accessed images, JSS, and CSS files in the local memory of the device for quick access.
- LazyLoad: Lazy-loading waits to load media files like images and videos until the user needs them.
- GZIP compression: This feature compresses your pages on the server, reducing your file sizes and decompressing them in the browser.
- Cache preloading: WP Rocket creates cached versions of your content, ensuring visitors get them quickly.
- Database optimizer: It includes a database optimization feature instead of installing a separate plugin to clean your database.
- CDN integration: Allows you to integrate your CDN to make your site available quickly for users far from your server. Alternatively, you can use the built-in WP’s RocketCDN.
WP Rocket is also compatible with various website tools, from hosting platforms to theme and page builders, eCommerce sites, and other plugins.
With a 4.9-star rating and 1M+ installations on WordPress, WP Fastest Cache is one of the most popular plugins for site speed and PageInsights score.
Its free version offers useful features enough to speed up your site. These include;
- Minify CSS files and HTML
- GZIP compression
- Combine multiple CSS resources
- Browser caching
- Combine JS
- Disable emoji
The premium version has more advanced features, including;
- Widget cache to reduce the number of SQL queries
- Mobile cache for mobile devices
- Image optimization
- Database optimization
- Convert images to WebP format
- Option to load Google Fonts asynchronously
WP Fastest Cache is compatible with popular plugins, theme and page builders, Multisite, Adsense, CloudFlare, and other tools.
LiteSpeed Cache for WordPress (LCWP) is a free website acceleration plugin with advanced server-level cache and optimization features.
However, you need a web server LiteSpeed Web Server to use the cache features. The plugin communicates with the server and its built-in page cache (LSCache). Optimization features can use any server (LiteSpeed, NGINX, Apache, etc,.).
Unlike other caches, which are PHP-based, LSCache is server-level based, making it faster. The general features include;
- Lossless and lossy image optimization
- OPcode Cache Support
- Responsive image placeholders
- Lazy-load images
- DNS prefetch
- Delay/defer JS loading
- Combine CSS/JS
- Free QUIC.cloud CDN Cache
- Object cache support
- Database optimization
- Heartbeat control, among others
Exclusive features include;
- Separate caching for mobile and desktop views
- Schedule automatic purge of related pages and specified URLs
- Smart preload crawler
- WooCommerce and bbPress support
- Automatic page caching
- Private cache for logged-in users
- Cache exclusion by category, tag, cookie, URL, and user agent
- HTTP/2, HTTP/3, and QUIC support
Gutenberg-Compatible Optimization Tools for SEO
SEO is the force behind your site’s visibility on search engines. High rankings drive traffic and establish your online credibility and trustworthiness.
SEO isn’t just about keywords but also site speed, mobile-friendliness, content quality, and backlinks.
With over 5 million installations, the Yoast SEO plugin powers many big sites to boost traffic. This free plugin has almost every feature you need to optimize your website for search engines.
You’ll get advanced features like XML sitemaps for site structure and indexing of your web pages by search engines. Technical SEO improvements like optimized meta tags are automated and Schema.org integration will structure your data.
Yoast lets you do keyword research right in the plugin using SemRush integration. The Wincher integration enables you to track your rankings. Its readability analysis feature ensures your content is clear and readable for search engines and human readers.
Yoast makes technical SEO easier, but its on-page SEO insights feature is unmatched. It’ll check the words you’ve used most against your keywords and suggest relevant pages in your sites to link to. It’ll also show your content’s easy-to-read score, estimated reading time, and word count.
Hubspot WordPress plugin enables you to collect data and analytics from your marketing efforts so you can view your performance.
Unlike other plugins that focus on technical SEO, Hubspot simplifies lead generation, content management, and customer relationship management.
From creating landing pages and pop-up forms to automating email marketing and tracking analytics, it provides comprehensive features to optimize your digital marketing strategy.
Track user interactions and lead activity within your WordPress dashboard and gain insights on where to focus your attention.
Key features include;
- CRM and Contact Management: Sync website forms with CRM to manage contacts, segment them, and see how they interact with your site.
- Marketing Automation: Send automated emails and track open and click rates
- Forms and Popups: Create forms and pop-ups easily and place them on your site
- Email Marketing: Use the predesigned templates or build your own to send newsletters to your contacts
- Live Chat and Chatbots: Add live chat to your site to engage and provide support to your customers
- Analytics: Analyze your sales and marketing performance
- Integrations: Easily integrate with more than 1400 platforms, including eCommerce sites, payment platforms like Stripe, and more
Hubspot empowers you to optimize your marketing strategies and customer interactions.
MonsterInsights is the go-to WordPress plugin for tracking performance and analytics. It brings your Google Analytics report to your WordPress dashboard with actionable insights.
You’ll get real-time detailed stats for every page and post and see which are most visited. See who is online and what they are doing. Track outbound and affiliate links and even set up tracking for users, tags, searches, and custom post types.
In addition, MonsterInsights provides important metrics like conversion rates, total revenue, average order value, and more, all in one place. Key features include;
- Google Analytics tracking
- Analytics overview report
- Page insights
- Audience demographic report
- Popular products
- User journeys
- Powerful integrations
- Affiliate and outbound link tracking
MonsterInsights unlocks the full potential of your analytics data. Use it to make data-driven decisions and reach your site goals.
A WordPress site paired with optimization tools compatible with Gutenberg is a powerful combination. The plugins in this guide are the best in their categories.
Incorporate them and enhance your site performance, improve SEO, boost user engagement, and simplify content creation and management. You don’t need to be a developer or have coding skills to use them.
Test them and find the ones that help you align your optimization efforts with your website’s goals and audience’s needs. Watch your site reach new heights in speed, functionality, and search engine visibility.
Original article Published here >
* Optimise WP Website Images with ShortPixel – Super Fast Website, Optimised SEO, WordPress Plugin (Referral Ad)