Protein-rich peanut butter, creamy yogurt, and cocoa powder form the base of these pops; chopped salted nuts add a savory crunch and an immune-boosting dose of magnesium.
These recipes originally appeared in Clean Eating Magazine. For more healthy recipes, visit cleaneating.com.
- 1 large banana
- 1 cup whole-milk Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup natural smooth peanut butter, divided
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ½ cup salted peanuts, chopped and divided
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 8 3-oz pop molds
1. Add banana, yogurt, milk, ¼ cup peanut butter, and maple syrup to a blender, and blend until smooth.
2. Sprinkle ¼ cup peanuts among bottoms of molds. Remove half the banana-yogurt mixture from the blender and divide evenly between popsicle molds.
3. Add cocoa powder to the blender with the remaining banana-yogurt mixture; blend to combine. Pour mixture into molds, then drizzle in remaining ¼ cup peanut butter. Top with remaining ¼ cup peanuts. Add sticks and freeze until set, at least 4 hours. To release pops, run mold under warm water until loose.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 217
- Carbohydrate Content: 15 g
- Cholesterol Content: 4 mg
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Sodium Content: 58 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 3 g